There is no hiding from the cost-of-living crisis we are all living through currently. Gas and electricity bills, National Insurance, mobile and broadband phone bills, council tax and even a loaf of bread – all these costs have increased.
The cost-of-living crisis has already had an impact on us all in terms of the money we earn, what we spend, how we spend it and what, if any, we save. But it is also having an impact on individuals’ mental health too…
A recent YouGov poll commissioned by the Royal College of Physicians found 55% of those who responded felt rising costs had negatively affected their health.
We have put together a few helpful tips and websites to assist you in managing your money and knowing where to get help should you need it.
- Compare petrol prices: Petrol Prices | Find the Cheapest Fuel Near You | PetrolPrices
- Utilise discounts and deals thorough your employee benefit package
- Think twice before you act once when it comes to spending. Do you really need it? Is there a cheaper alternative?
- Be Money Well – information from Scottish Widows (you don’t need to be a Scottish Widows planholder to access this) Scottish Widows | Investment | Personal pensions | Life insurance
- Sign up to Martin Lewis money saving expert emails
- Support for managing debt: https://www.stepchange.org/
- Money helper – Free and impartial help with money, backed by the government | MoneyHelper
- National Debt advice line: Helping people in debt | Debt Advice Line
Budgeting and planning:
- OfGem energy advice and information: Energy advice for households | Ofgem
- Work out your budget – Citizens Advice
- Money advice service: Free and impartial money advice, set up by government – Money Advice Service
- Advice local – find local advice and guidance services in your area: Advicelocal
EBCam Ltd bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of external sites or for that of subsequent links. These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by EBCam Ltd of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organisation or individual.
This article is intended to provide information only, no part of this constitutes regulated financial advice.
EBCam is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA registration number 921376). The FCA does not regulate all the products or services regulated by EBCam Ltd.